2017 AMERICAN WACO CLUB
JUNE 8-10, 2017
WACOS Descend on Dauster Flying Field!
Dauster Flying Field (Creve Coeur Airport (1H0), 3127 Creve Coeur Mill Road, St. Louis, MO 63132
- Please register upon arrival and purchase dinner tickets. Accepting new members & renewals at the Fly-In.
- Thursday : Arrivals, welcomes, registration, noon lunch on the field. Evening T-shirt dinner hosted by Al & Connie Stix - Members only event.
- Friday : More arrivals, welcomes, registration, noon lunch on the field. Forums. Friday evening dinner, followed by the Fundraiser Auction.
- Saturday : More arrivals and welcomes. Box lunch at the airport. Annual meeting at 1:30pm. All AWC members and guests are welcome. Evening banquet in the hanger hosted by Al & Connie Stix. The famous "Parade" will immediately precede dinner.
**Prior to dinner, a missing man formation flyover will also be held in memory of all those who have "Gone West". John Gerth will designate pilots and WACOs for the flyover. Please plane to attend and show your respect to those who have "Gone West". **
- Morning coffee, juice and sweet rolls available at the Flight Office for a small fee.
- All events are held on the field with gourmet luncheons and dinner each evening; casual attire including for the banquet.
- Free Transportation to and from the hotel.
- Fly in your Waco, or other airplane whether antique or other, drive in or fly in via commercial carrier. All are welcome: friends, family, children and guests.
- The airport has beautiful N/S or E/W grass runways along with a paved N/S. Identifier is 1H0.
- Contact John Kephart @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, free admission for fly-in attendees to the fabulous HARM, the aircraft museum on the grounds of Creve Coeur Airport. Thanks to Al Stix and John Cournoyer for this generous offer. Visiting this incredible collection of airplanes alone is worth the trip to Creve Coeur!
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS RIVERPORT. 13735 RIVERPORT Drive, ST. LOUIS, MO 63043. 314-298-3400
GROUP NAME: AMERCIAN WACO CLUB. $89.00 + TAX PER NIGHT
**DUE TO NEW HOTEL OWNERSHIP, THE CUT OFF DATE FOR RESERVATIONS IS MAY 7, 2017.**
RESERVE YOUR ROOM EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
FUNDRAISER AUCTION AT CREVE COEUR FLY-IN
Remember all of the fun we've had (and club funds raised) at past AWC Fly-In Fundraising Auctions? This year's auction should prove to be even better! The annual fun-filled fundraising auction will be held Friday evening, June 8th. Items that you which to donate can be aviation related-or not! So, start checking your closets and hangar shelves for something you would like to donate for the auction. Please ship all auction items direct to: Dauster Flying Field, 3127 Creve Coeur Mill Road, Maryland Heights, MO, 63146. (NOTE: Label all shipped items - For AWC Auction.) For additional details or questions, contact Nancy Staley, P.O., Box 280, Weston, Texas, TX 75097. Phone: 972-382-4900 and e-mail: email@example.com.
FORUMS AT AWC FLY-IN
To all members who attended last year's AWC Fly-In at Creve Coeur, this is a reminder to "please" bring with you your lanyards so that we can give you your new 2017 Fly-In insert to identify you as a member. This will help keep costs down for the Club.
DAUSTER FLYING FIELD
Traffic Patterns at Creve Coeur Airport
Hard surface and grass runway 16- Right Traffic
Hard surface and grass runway 34 - Left Traffic
Grass runway 7 - Left Traffic
Grass runway 25 - Right Traffic
All low passes must be made down the hard surface runway i in use. Absolutely no low passes down the East/West grass runway (7/25).
Landings only on the East/West runways. All take offs must be accomplished on either the hard surface runway or the grass along side it.
NOTE: The grass runway to the West of the hard surface runway has a displaced threshold when landing to the North. The actual usable portion starts well after the segmented circle.
Anyone striking a landing light should immediately come to the FBO office and notify us so that it can be replaced immediately.
Concerning the new Class B Airspace rules surrounding STL, including Creve Coeur Airport. The new rules went in effect April 13th, 2006. This will especially affect those arriving from the North. New boundaries for the surface to 8,000 area will now extend past the river and into St. Charles, along with the 2,000 floor being lowered to 1,700 around Creve Coeur. Please study the new class B boundaries and rules so we don't have any - misunderstandings - with STL Control or our friends at the FAA.